No culpemos al Espiritu Santo

Acá podrá opinar como le venga en gana seriamente. Sin ofensas personales. Para fajarse, se van a pugnas
Pelayo
Salvaje Universal
Salvaje Universal

No culpemos al Espiritu Santo

Mensajepor Pelayo » Marzo 16th, 2013, 6:22 pm

BY JAY WEAVER

jweaver@MiamiHerald.com

When the Rev. Rafael Escala served at St. Timothy Catholic Church in West Kendall in the late 1980s, he caught a teenaged altar boy stealing $60 from the collection.

Escala threatened to report the teen to his father and the police. But rather than carry out the threat, the priest sexually abused the 16-year-old boy, according to the victim, who obtained a financial settlement from the Archdiocese of Miami in January.

“He told me that I had to ask God for forgiveness for stealing the money after he abused me,” said the victim, a Miami man who did not want to be identified. “He gave me penance.”

The victim also reached a settlement in the same agreement regarding molestation claims against a second priest, the Rev. Oscar Mendez, a Jesuit, while he served at St. Timothy in the 1990s.

The amount of the combined settlement, which named both priests along with the Miami archdiocese, was confidential. The victim said he decided to bring his two complaints to the attention of the archdiocese in late 2011, after following the criminal sex-abuse case of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

Until now, neither priest — Escala died at age 77 in 2009; Mendez is in his 80s and in poor health — has ever been implicated in the clergy sex-abuse scandal that engulfed the Catholic Church more than a decade ago.

What makes the St. Timothy cases different from many others is that the Miami archdiocese never alerted parishioners about the sex-abuse allegations lodged against both priests in November 2011. Notification is required under the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People adopted in 2002 by U.S. Catholic bishops.
Ubi bene ibi patria.

Cartagena
Cardenal Primado
Cardenal Primado

Re: No culpemos al Espiritu Santo

Mensajepor Cartagena » Marzo 17th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Que tipo tan fatal! Dos veces se lo sonaron y en la misma iglesia por dos curas diferentes, me imagina mas de una vez.

Yo he tenido tremenda suerte, nunca me paso eso a pesar de estar tanto tiempo en colegio y universidad de curas. O sera porque yo no soy maricon?
No es lo mismo estar jodido que estar jodiendo.

Volver a “DE TODO UN PACO”