The Beatles

Videos y canciones. En este tema los usuarios podran poner sus aportes musicales.
Cerrado
Portillo
Moderador
Moderador

The Beatles

Mensaje por Portillo » Septiembre 24, 2009, 7:51 pm

As remastered Beatles box sets arrive in stores this week, so does the first video game based on the legendary rock group's repertoire: "The Beatles: Rock Band." The game is available on its own or in a limited-edition bundle that comes with several Beatles-theme "Rock Band" instruments.

This isn't the first rhythm game to focus on a single band. Aerosmith and Metallica have been the subjects of "Guitar Hero" releases. But those games included songs by groups other than their stars.

"The Beatles: Rock Band" has 45 songs, and while that's a smaller number of tracks than last year's "Rock Band 2" or the recently released "Guitar Hero 5," the track list concentrates exclusively on the Fab Four's music.

This version of "Rock Band" offers a Quickplay mode, a new Story Mode that has the player charting a course through the band's years of success, Chapter Challenges for completed story segments and several multiplayer modes. There aren't any costumes to buy or characters to customize, but getting high star ratings in the Story Mode unlocks photos of the band, and each chapter is preceded by a neat movie sequence.

Here's the thing: Those particulars don't really matter. What matters about "The Beatles: Rock Band" is in the title: It lets anyone who can pick up the guitar controller join one of the greatest rock bands that ever was. Get a group of players together, hook up extra microphones to sing in three-part harmony, and everyone's a Beatle. (The game's training mode allows separate vocal parts to be isolated for practice runs.)

The available tracks range from pop hits such as "Twist and Shout," "Paperback Writer" and "Can't Buy Me Love" to later recordings such as "Come Together," "Helter Skelter" and "Dear Prudence." More tracks are planned for release as downloads, including the remaining songs from the "Abbey Road," "Rubber Soul" and "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" albums.

The band's experimentations require some compromises: For example, several songs don't have guitar parts, and the player instead stands in for a cello or a sitar. It works, though -- trying to keep up with the string arrangements of "I Am the Walrus" is just as entertaining as shredding through "I Me Mine."

The game looks great within the confines of the "Rock Band" formula, and the sound quality is exceptional.

Pluto es un hijo de pluta.

Portillo
Moderador
Moderador

Re: The Beatles

Mensaje por Portillo » Septiembre 24, 2009, 8:02 pm

The Beatles remasters dominate catalog charts

The Beatles have broken multiple worldwide chart records with the 9/9/09 release of their digitally remastered catalog, according to a press release. In addition to the major music markets of North America, Japan and the UK--where more than 2.25 million albums were snatched up the first week they were available--Beatlemania was reflected on charts in countries far and wide, including Australia, Colombia, Korea, Poland, Argentina, Italy, Germany and many more.

In the US, the Fab Four set a new record for the most simultaneous titles by a single artist (18) on Billboard's Comprehensive Albums chart, which lists the most popular album releases in the US, including current and catalog titles.

The Beatles broke their own record on Billboard's Pop Catalog chart with the most simultaneous titles in the top 50 (16). That beats their 1995 accomplishment of 12 titles in the top 50.

Similar charting feats are being realized worldwide. In Canada, The Beatles have 15 of the top 20 catalog, titles including all of the top 11. In Argentina, seven of the current top 10 albums are Beatles remasters. In Korea, The Beatles occupied 16 of the top 17 spots on the country's Hottracks album chart. And in Columbia, half of the current top 10 albums are Beatles titles.

As for specific albums, "Abbey Road" seems to be the best seller, with "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," taking the second spot.

In addition to individual album sales, two new Beatles box sets--collections in stereo and mono--and 2000's "Beatles 1" compilation also dominated charts around the world.

Pluto es un hijo de pluta.

LA BELLA
Moderador
Moderador

Mensaje por LA BELLA » Septiembre 26, 2009, 1:35 pm

Que lindo, se me desgracio el dia, ya no lave mas....gracias Porti

eva
Moderador
Moderador

Mensaje por eva » Septiembre 27, 2009, 12:20 am

Bella y las gracias son por desgraciartelo o porque no lavaste más? Pa' mi que tú no tenías muchas ganas de lavar.... :rolleyes:

LA BELLA
Moderador
Moderador

Mensaje por LA BELLA » Septiembre 27, 2009, 7:03 pm

Por no lavar mas 8-}

lunazul
LeeJai PreenXess
LeeJai PreenXess
Contactar:

Mensaje por lunazul » Octubre 1, 2009, 8:54 am

I want it :D (el juego, no lavar :rolleyes: )
Cuando se apunta a la Luna, el tonto se queda mirando al dedo.
-Proverbio chino

Cerrado